Which Foil Board Shapers Offer the Best Warranties?
Since the early 1900s foils have been used on passenger and military craft to reduce drag, increase efficiencies and speed. But… It wasn’t until the 90’s that Maui’s “Strapped Crew” took the idea and the foil of the “Air Chair” and modified it for use on tow-in surfboards. The concept of attaching a hydrofoil to surfboards had a slow start and stuck with a small group of niche extreme athletes for almost two decades.
Today, however, the foil category is seeing explosive growth spanning across almost every water based board sport; surfing, windsurfing, wing surfing, kite surfing, wakesurfing and SUP. And while they aren’t boards, it has had an inspirational role in transforming competitive sailing, making it a much more thrilling sport to watch.
With foil boarding being a newer sport and having a somewhat unfamiliar shape due to the foils post and wing, as compared to other surfboards, it’s easy for new foil boarders to lose sense of where the foil is in regards to the bottom contours of the sand and reef, easily causing large amounts of damage to both the wing and the board alike. Because Surfcare Protection Plans apply to the boards only we are primarily covering warranty policies specific to the foil board and the general warranties of the manufacturer. We are not giving a preview of the manufacturer warranties on their wings, kites, harnesses, bridles, foils or other hardware. However, you will find links to all of the manufactures listed below. By clicking on the name of the manufacturer you will find more detailed information on those manufacturers and shapers websites regarding their warranty coverage as it applies to their wings, kites, harnesses, foils or other hardware in the case they produce those products. We recommend covering your foil boards with a protection plan, protecting all the types of damage that a manufacturer/shaper won’t even consider covering.
When considering what foil board will work best, you should consider how the board may influence how you paddle, catch waves, balance, and turn. Just make sure that the hydrofoil setup you choose is ideal for the kind of board and wave that you want to shred on, cause the more it fits you the less likely you are to have an accident.
Before heading into all the nitty gritty details of each manufacturers warranty here’s a quick tip from the guys at Real Watersports reviewing the Pyzel Pinball Wizard. They recommend purchasing the Liquid Force Transition Plate which for $10.00 will help minimize risk of damage when mounting your foil to the board and create a stronger connection in case you apply extreme pressure to your foil or happen to run the foil aground. As you’ll see below some shapers void their warranties unless the transition is applied.
Having knowledge about a manufacturers warranty is important heading into a large purchase. Having said that, none of the manufacturers cover damage or breaks related to riding your foil board. Because the sport is new and developing there are considerable amounts of accidents that result in damaged boards.
Outside of Bridle lines, baffles, ripped kites and dinged foils from hitting reef or shallow rocks, similar to surfboards your most common types of damage will be:
- Cracked & smashed rails
- Fin box damage
- Glass chipping
- Nose snaps
- Tail chips
Below are some tips on how to ride safe, protecting you, your board and others from foiling accidents from the guys at Blue Planet. It’s worth a watch even if you are an experienced foil boarder.
If you’ve already incurred damage to your board check out our latest guide to self repair for just about every type of ding. If you are considering purchasing a new foil board and want to cover it from the potential damage mentioned above, see our Surfcare Plans page to ensure your foil board stays in perfect condition. Most foil board companies warranties are the same, covering defects around material and workmanship but some don’t even cover that.
Click on the list below to jump to the specific brand you are looking for more warranty details on and remember, these boards are essentially made of glass, meaning they will break at some point.
- Blue Planet
- Cloud 9
- FCD Surfboards
- Freedom Foils
- Lift Foils
- Liquid Force
- Ride Engine
- Slingshot Sports
- Takuma Foils
- Duration: 2 Years
- Limited Warranty: workmanship and to be free from major manufacturing defects
All Airush products come with a limited 2 year warranty on workmanship and to be free from major manufacturing defects to the original purchaser.
The warranty starts form the original date of purchase.
Always inspect and maintain your gear. Any items showing wear should be replaced in a timely manner to prevent any damage to be cause due to this.
Airush Warranty Protocol
Please take your clean and dry Airush product and proof of purchase to your nearest authorized dealer, preferably the one where you purchased it from. The dealer will assess the product and process a warranty claim on your behalf with Airush HQ.
For all warranty claims you must provide the following at the request of the retailer where the product was purchased:
- Detailed explanation of the damage/fault and a full description of how it happened.
- Proof of purchase.
- Pictures showing the detail of the fault.
- Pictures showing the serial number of the product. (CLICK HERE)
- Pictures of the complete product.
Airush will make the final warranty determination.
Note: Due to the nature of kiteboarding Airush Kiteboarding is not responsible for the inherent risks/dangers involved with using our products.
NOT COVERED UNDER WARRANTY on all Airush products:
- Normal wear and tear including, screws, scratches and fading.
- Damage caused by extended sun or wind exposure, excessive heat, improper handling/storage, neglect or misuse.
- Damage caused by anything other than defects in materials or workmanship.
- Use in in commercial, rental, teaching or instructional programs or activities.
- Warranty is void on items sold as second hand or sold by unauthorized dealers.
- Warranty is void if any repair, change or modification has been made without authorization to any part of the equipment.
- If Airush deems the product as defective, the warranty only covers it’s replacement or repair.
Airush is not responsible for any costs, losses or damages incurred as a result of the loss of use of the product.
- Duration: 1 Year
- Limited Warranty: against manufacturing errors
If you own an Appletree board then you’ve already significantly reduced the likelihood of dinging or breaking your board. But if that does happen -because, yeah, you will rip very hard on our boards- we’ve got your back. Our boards can be repaired like any other EPOXY surfboard. Just make sure you use EPOXY resin and nothing else. When you take your board to a professional ding repair, make sure they are going to use EPOXY on your board. Did I say EPOXY enough?
The boards are made from watertight foam, so a small repair can wait a few sessions but never leave it too long, especially damage around the fin box area should be dealt with as soon as possible, as the pressure on the fin might “pump” water into the core, even our waterproof foam can still get wet in that case. If you or your repair man have any questions regarding a repair always feel free to contact us and we’ll talk over the details and process. We’ll get you back up and riding as soon as possible!
We take much pride in the quality of our work. So if you find yourself in the rare and unfortunate situation where you feel unsatisfied about the quality of the board, please let us know. All boards come with a limited 1 year warranty against manufacturing errors. Warranty is only available to the original buyer, any re-sale of the product voids warranty. Excluded from warranty: Damage from normal wear and normal usage. Damage from any impact, including hard landings on the water, although our boards are made very strong, we cannot guaranty damage from excessive jumping. Always make sure you have enough support from your kite when landing jumps. Fin box damage from hitting the bottom, do not use the boards in water that is shallower than knee deep. Before returning your board to us, please do contact us so we can establish the issue and procedure in advance.
Here is a few tips to keep your board in great condition:
Be careful with the bottom
The deck of the board is made stronger than the bottom, so be careful with the bottom. It’s strong, but it could dent slightly when struck with a hard object. This does not effect the performance of the board, but to minimize this, always carry the board with the deck towards you and your harness. Do not drop the board and try not to land or stand on the bottom.
Nothing is indestructible
Appletree Surfboards are the best in producing strong and light boards. The board is fine to jump with as long as it’s a kite+ or kite ++ construction. The kite-lite is only for wave riding. Freestyle kiteboarding and jumping is not a problem, but try to land with kite support and if coming down really hard, do not land on the board. The warranty is limited to one year from the purchase date and does not cover the board breaking from jumping.
Don’t ride it up the beach
The fin boxes and fins don’t like to hit the sand, so be careful and only use the board in a minimum of knee deep water and don’t ride it up the beach.
Handle your board with care
Always use a decent board bag when traveling or transporting the board. Do not leave your board in a hot car or in the burning midday sun. Clean the sand and salt off and rinse the board with fresh tap water every so often. Take your fins out now and then to prevent salt build up.
If the board is damaged or dinged, fix it, or have it fixed with epoxy resin only. Polyester will seriously damage the foam core. The 50K foam in your board is waterproof, so water will only penetrate the surface of the foam, which will easily evaporate. We do advise to repair as soon as possible.
- Duration: 6 Months
- Limited Warranty: free from major defects in manufacturing or material
Boards Warranty – 6 Months
Armstrong Warranties Boards to be free from major defects in manufacturing or material for a period of six months from the date of purchase. The Warranty does not cover impact damage or any UV Damage. Always keep the Boards in Armstrong Board bag and out of excessive heat. The Warranty does not cover damage caused by use in waves or shore break.
Warranty Terms - General
The Armstrong warranty is subject to the following limitations;
The warranty is valid only when the product is used for its intended use and does not cover products used in rental or teaching operations.
Armstrong will make the final warranty determination, which may require inspection and/or photos of the equipment, which clearly show the defect(s). Defective product and/or Images must be sent to the Armstrong dealer or Armstrong directly depending on the place of purchase.
If a product is deemed to be defective by Armstrong, the warranty covers the repair or replacement of the defective product only.
Armstrong will not be responsible for any retrospective costs due to loss of use or damage to Armstrong product.
The warranty does not cover damage caused by misuse, abuse, neglect or normal wear and tear including but not limited to; rigging with other than Armstrong components, damage due to excessive sun exposure, damage caused by improper handling or storage, and damage caused by anything other than defects in material and workmanship.
This warranty is voided if any unauthorized repair, change or modification has been made to any part of the equipment. The warranty for any repaired or replaced equipment is good from the date of the original purchase only.
The original purchase receipt must accompany all warranty claims.
The name of the retailer and date of purchase must be clear and legible.
All claims must be accompanied with a clear explanation and clear dated photographs of the item deemed to have Manufacturing or Material defect.
There are no warranties that extend beyond the warranty specified herein.
Warranty claims must be processed and be issued a return authorization prior to shipping to the Armstrong dealer the product was purchased from.
Armstrong Foils reserves the right to determine if a product will be covered under warranty once all the documentation has been received.
We only replace items if they are defective. All claims must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once images and/or the return item is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received the required information. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your replacement.
Blue Planet Warranty
- Duration: 1 Year
- Limited Warranty: covers manufacturing defects only
Blue Planet Surf paddles, surf/SUP boards are covered under a limited one-year warranty.
- Warranty covers manufacturing defects only, not damage caused by regular wear and tear.
- Warrantys apply to the original purchaser with a valid proof of purchase.
- Warranty covers boards used for personal, non-commercial use only.
- A board that has been previously repaired will generally not be covered under warranty.
- Boards or paddles that have suffered damage due to exposure to an overly hot environment, for example being left in a hot car or in a board bag in direct sunlight, will not be covered under warranty.
- Warranty coverage does not apply to boards that show signs of impact or abuse.
- Broken or buckled boards are not covered under warranty unless it is clearly due to a manufacturing defect.
- Whether or not a board will be covered under warranty can only be determined upon evaluation by the Blue Planet Warranty Department.
- If a problem is deemed a manufacturing defect, Blue Planet will replace or repair the item at our discretion. Dings, chips, scratches, cracks, punctures, broken fin boxes and the like are considered regular wear and tear and are generally not covered by our warranty. If you are not sure if the damage is the result of a manufacturing defect or regular damage, please bring your board to our shop so we can determine if the issue is the result of a manufacturing defect.
- To make a warranty claim, please come to our shop with the board or call Blue Planet Surf Shop at: 808 596 7755 or online: Contact Us. You must have a valid proof of purchase from the shop where you purchased the board in order to do so. The warranty covers the cost of the actual repair only, or replacement value if the manufacturing defect is not repairable.
- Shipping costs and other expenses are generally not covered under the warranty.
What is Proper Foiling Etiquette
There is a lot of talk about foils and the danger they pose both to their users and other water users. But as with all watercraft if used correctly and etiquette and safety are observed there should not be any problems. Here are few tips from the pros:
- Stay away from all other people in the water when learning to foil. You have a three-foot blade on the bottom of your craft. If you are not a pro, you are a danger in crowded conditions.
- Foils are better in swells rather than waves anyway.
- Always wear a leash, this protects others around you. Longboarders without leashes cause enough problems. Imagine a stray foil water.
- Wear a helmet and impact vest when first learning. Foiling is tough and has a long learning curve, and you will fall off, you will have to dodge your own foil. Be safe, not sorry.
- Do not take off with someone directly in front of you.
- When other surfers are present, go somewhere else and ride that part of the wave the surfers cannot ride or do not want to ride. This is the beauty of foiling.
- Heavier metal foils are more dangerous, so choose wisely as their momentum keeps them going after a fall and can hurt you or others around you.
- Make sure you pick the right board and foil for surfing.
- Be aware of submerged rocks and sandbanks
- Do not foil alone.
- All foilers should police other foilers who are being dangerous and educate them. If you see someone not sticking to the rules, point it out to them.
- Stay away from crowded surfing lineups.
- Duration: 1 Year
- Limited Warranty: free from defects in materials and workmanship
Cabrinha Kitesurfing warrants that this product, when it is purchased from an authorized Cabrinha Kitesurfing dealer by a retail customer, will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 1 year (Kites/Boards/Board Accessories) / 6 months (Control System) from the date of purchase by the original retail customer. This warranty is solely for the benefit of the original retail purchaser and may not be assigned. For retail customer Limited Warranty claims, proof of purchase from an authorized Cabrinha Kitesurfing dealer is required. If the date of purchase cannot be established, Cabrinha Kitesurfing will make a determination based upon on the last production year of the particular model, or on the condition of the equipment claimed.
If you have any questions about the Cabrinha Kitesurfing Limited Warranty or procedures for making claims thereunder, please contact Cabrinha Kitesurfing at www.cabrinhakites.com The Cabrinha Kitesurfing Warranty Center will determine if a product is covered under this Limited Warranty. If covered, Cabrinha Kitesurfing will, at Cabrinha Kitesurfing’s sole option, repair or replace the product in question. All returns must be made through Cabrinha Kitesurfing authorized dealers. Cabrinha Kitesurfing does not accept returns directly from customers. Customers must call for a Return Authorization Number before returning any product under this Limited Warranty. All authorized returns must be sent to a Cabrinha Kitesurfing’s Warranty Center at the country’s main distribution warranty office, freight prepaid. Cabrinha Kitesurfing will pay the freight for the return shipment.. Return shipment will either be consolidated together with the authorized retailer next shipment, or paid by Cabrinha Kitesurfing, at Cabrinha Kitesurfing’s sole option.
Any repair or replacement of any product under this Limited Warranty is not available for ordinary wear and tear, including scratches or paint chipping, or for any damage caused by misuse, abuse, unauthorized modification or repairs, accident, heat, excessive exposure to sunlight, excessive exposure to cold, improper handling, storage, maintenance or care; incorrect setup, use in commercial, rental or teaching environments; use in reef wave waves, shorebreak or off the water; any blow or impact with a hard object or any other irresponsible use.
THE FOREGOING LIMITED WARRANTY IS EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES OF QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE, WRITTEN, ORAL OR IMPLIED AND ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL CABRINHA KITESURFING BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, STATUTORY OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE including, without limitation, loss to property other than this product, loss of use of said product, or other property or other economic losses. Cabrinha Kitesurfing shall not be liable for contribution or indemnification, whatever the cause. Some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts and/or the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation and exclusion may not apply to particular customers. Cabrinha Kitesurfing’s obligations under any warranty shall be limited, to the greatest extent allowed by law, as provided in this Cabrinha Kitesurfing Limited Warranty. This Limited Warranty gives you specific legal rights; you may also have other rights, which vary from one jurisdiction to another.
Cloud 9 Warranty
- Duration: 1 Year
- Limited Warranty: free from defects in materials or workmanship
Cloud 9 offers during a limited, one-year warranty period from the date of purchase from Cloud 9 or a Cloud 9 authorized dealer that Cloud 9 foils will be free of defects in materials or workmanship. Cloud 9 at its sole discretion may replace or repair foils with defects in materials or workmanship during the warranty period. The labor costs associated with the repair of the foils with defects in materials or workmanship during the warranty period will be the responsibility of Cloud 9. The purchaser shall be responsible for payment of all shipping costs.
The Following Will Not Be Covered Under Warranty:
- Products returned 12 months after date of original purchase from Cloud 9 or Cloud 9 authorized dealer
- Repairs or alterations made by anyone other than Cloud 9
- Warranty requests submitted without proof of purchase/receipt
The following are not defects in materials or workmanship:
- Normal wear and tear
- Damage from hitting rocks, reefs or other substrates
- Damage from improper storage, namely, prolonged exposure to heat or sun
- Chips or scratches
- Damage caused by substandard mounting
- Damage to foils used in commercial, rental, teaching or instructional programs or activities
Defective products should be returned postage paid, within twelve months of purchase with a copy of proof of purchase/receipt and with your return authorization number. Otherwise, returned products will NOT BE COVERED UNDER WARRANTY.
Prior to shipping defective products to Cloud 9 under this warranty, Cloud 9 encourages purchasers to email Cloud 9 at Info@cloud9surffoils.com providing photos and describing the problem with the surf foil.
- Duration: unknown
- Limited Warranty: unknown
Fletcher Chouinard’s surfboards are of superior quality, and are tried and proven shapes. You can be confident that your FCD surfboard will be strong and well constructed. If it isn't, we may repair or replace it, or refund your money, whichever makes sense to us once we see your board and decide what went wrong. But, we can't be responsible for boards that are abused, like being left in a hot car, road damage, stored in the blazing sun or thrashed on the rocks or pier pilings. And we can't be responsible for problems resulting from normal wear and tear - those dings, dents and delams from unrepaired cracks are inevitable. We also cannot tell you that your board won't break; all boards will break given the right conditions. If you have a problem with your board, tell us what is wrong and we'll figure out how it should be handled. It may be a repair, it may be a replacement, it may be a refund, or it may be your responsibility. Care and Responsibility For Your Board: We pride ourselves on our workmanship and stand behind our boards. However, taking care of your board is ultimately your responsibility and we’re not responsible for the problems below - which also make good guidelines for caring for your board.
- Damage when using a dark board bag.
- Damage from the freeway, in an airplane, or in transport.
- Repairs done by unauthorized repair shop – see authorized shop list.
- Fin losses in or out of the water are not covered.
- Broken/buckled boards will be repaired (not replaced).
- Intentional damage, lost or stolen boards are not covered.
- Natural discoloration when exposed to sunlight.
- Damage or loss to a third party.
- Any body injury caused by surfboards.
- Damage from commercial, rental, demo, and instructional programs.
- Un-repaired dings or holes stored in damp conditions.
WARRANTY DISCLAIMER WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SURFBOARD YOU PURCHASE WILL MEET YOUR PERSONAL EXPECTATIONS, REQUIREMENTS OR SUSTAINABILITY, WE EXCLUDE AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. OUR LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGE SHOULD BE LIMITED TO DIRECT DAMAGES AND SHALL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU ORIGINALLY PAID FOR THE SURFBOARD.
- Limited Warranty: See below
- Duration: 1 Year
F-One and Manera products are hands down some of the best out there. As with everything in life though sometimes things do go wrong! Rest assured we’re committed to looking after you and getting you back in action as soon as possible.
The manufacturer's warranty is valid for a period of 12 months from the point of purchase. It is limited and excludes other damages which have been caused because of neglect, inappropriate use, wear and tear, improper repair or changes and modifications. It also excludes consequential damages which arise other than on the products themselves.
This warranty is valid only when this product is used for normal recreation, and does not cover products used in rental or teaching operations. When making a claim, please contact us for advice, at which point we'll discuss how best to get the products back to us for inspection. If a product is deemed to be defective by us, the warranty covers the re-pairs or replacement of the defective item. This warranty is only valid with proof of your purchase, indicating the purchase date and the name of the dealer (for example, a cashier receipt or an original invoice), together with the defective product.
Freedom Foil Warranty
- Limited Warranty: Unkown
- Duration: Unkown
Freedom Foil Boards is dedicated to manufacturing the best foil boards on the planet. We are committed to our customers, however, all sales of Freedom Foil Boards are final. Because of the inherent nature of foiling boards can be damaged by just installing you foil the wrong way. Please refer to the F.A.Q page for information on the proper care and handling of your Freedom Foil Board. Always notify Freedom Foil Boards immediately of any damage that occurred to your board during the shipping process. Do not ride your board if you notice any damage as this will void all insurance on your board with FedEx.
Go Foil Warranty
- Limited Warranty: free from defects in materials and workmanship
- Duration: Six Months
Go Foil, Inc warrants all products to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for six months from the date of purchase by the original owner. This warranty applies to the original owner for purchases made directly from Go Foil, Inc or an authorized Go Foil, Inc dealer and is non transferable. If damage is due to a material or manufacturing defect, Go Foil, Inc, at sole option, will repair or replace the product in question. Owner is responsible for all associated shipping charges.
Go Foil, Inc reserves the right to determine if a product will be covered under warranty. Normal wear, cosmetic blemishes, and damage due to improper use, modification, negligence or transport are not covered under warranty.
Repair or replacement of any product under this Limited Warranty is not available for ordinary wear and tear, including scratches or paint chipping, or for any damage caused by misuse, abuse, unauthorized modification or repairs, accident, heat, excessive exposure to sunlight, excessive exposure to cold, improper handling, storage, maintenance or care; incorrect setup, use in commercial, rental or teaching environments; use in reef wave waves, shorebreak or off the water; any blow or impact with a hard object or any other irresponsible use.
Surf damage is not considered a manufacturing defect. Demo equipment is not covered under warranty. Your original invoice is your proof of purchase.
Go Foil Warranty does not cover Riders over 215 lbs. or if your foil has come in contact with the bottom and has damage on its wings. Try not to bail in front of sets as this is where your foil will take the most abuse and is not covered under our warranty policy.
Taking the Maliko 200 or Maliko 280 at any time into waves will void your warranty.
Plate adapter and plate foils: You must use the washers provided when using the plate adapters and our plate foils to maintain your warranty.
If you have any questions regarding this Limited Warranty please contact Customer Service at Go Foil, Inc at Info@Go Foil.com.
CAUTION – SAFETY WARNING
Standup Paddleboarding/SUP, surfing and Kiteboarding/Kitesurfing can be dangerous and physically demanding. The user of this product should understand that participating in any of these activities could cause injury or death to you and /or others.
OBSERVE THE FOLLOWING SAFETY STANDARDS WHENEVER USING THIS PRODUCT
- Take a lesson from a licensed and certified instruction and/or seek professional advice before attempting to use.
- It is suggested that you wear a nationally approved personal floatation device.
- Dress appropriately for weather conditions. Cold water and /or cold weather can cause hypothermia.
- Check your equipment prior to use for signs of wear or failure.
- Never Paddle, Surf or Kite alone.
- Do not Paddle, Surf or Kite in flood or storm conditions.
- Be aware of the appropriate water levels, tidal and/or wind changes, dangerous currents and/or animals and weather changes.
- Do not use near rocks, docks, pilings, swimmers or other watercraft.
- Do not exceed your ability: be honest with yourself.
- Consult your physician prior to beginning any of these activities.
- The fin or fins can be and/or become sharp and/or dangerous and can cause serious injuries or death to you and/or others.
- Improper use of your paddle can also cause serious injury or death to your and/or others.
- Failure to use an appropriate leash on your Paddleboard or Surfboard may also lead to infury or death to your and/or others.
- Manufacturer, distributor, reseller and affiliates shall not be held liable for any injury or death arising from the use of a Go Foil product.
- By purchasing a Go Foil product you assume all responsibility for its use and any resulting injury or death to you and/or others.
Normal Wear of your Go Foil also includes cosmetic cracks close to the fuselage mast connection area, please note the picture of a Mast that is over a year old . These are due to high stress loads directly in this area. These can appear as surface tiny splits in the outside thin layer of fiberglass, fillers and/or the paints used. These are more noticeable when salt crystals dry in these “spider cracks”. These are appearing on most foils over time but will not break or cause any performance issues because of the many layers of Carbon inside this area .
In the event that your mast does break totally in this area, we will send you a new mast as a replacement as per our warranty guidelines. These cracks can be lightly sanded and repainted to make them look new again and have less chance of reappearing.
- Limited Warranty: Unknown
- Duration: Unknown
It is very important upon delivery to thoroughly check your parcel and its contents.
Take time to open and examine the contents of your parcel.
If the packaging or products are damaged, you can refuse delivery or express your reservations on the sign-off form provided for this purpose, in the presence of the driver. Your reservations must be accurate, complete, dated and signed. They must allow us to determine the nature of the goods damaged, the number of items affected and the extent of the damage
Be as specific as possible when providing merchandise descriptions.
Take photos of the damaged item, interior of the original box, cushioning, packaging material, shipping label with the tracking number...
Should you encounter a delivery issue, please contact us within 48hrs with a detailed description, including photos.
- Limited Warranty: free from any defect in the materials selected and manufacturing processes
- Duration: 1 Year
1. Manufacturer’s limited warranty
1.1 The Supplier warrants to the Customer, subject to the terms and conditions set out in this Limited Warranty, that the Products are free from any defect in the materials selected and manufacturing processes employed in the production of the Products.
1.2 This Limited Warranty shall be made by the Supplier in respect defects arising in each Product sold to the Customer during the period of one (1) year from the earlier of the:
1.2.1 date on which the Product is resold by the Customer or its trade customer to the first retail customer;
1.2.2 date on which the Product is first used,
1.3 This Limited Warranty only applies to warranty claims made by the first retail customer upon presentation of the original sales receipt, which must show the date on which such customer purchased the Product (the “Initial Purchase Date”). Where the first retail customer is unable to provide proof of the Initial Purchase Date, the warranty period shall commence from the manufacturing date of the Product.
1.4 If the Supplier replaces a Product in accordance with paragraph 4, the replaced Product shall continue to be warranted for the residual term of the Warranty Period.
2. Making a warranty claim
2.1 In the event that the first retail customer raises a claim against the Customer on grounds of damage or defects in a Product, the Customer’s recourse to the Supplier is limited as follows:
2.1.1 a claim requires that the Customer has met all obligations set out in this Limited Warranty. If the Customer has not met all the obligations set out in this Limited Warranty, the Customer shall not have recourse to the Supplier; and
2.1.2 recourse by the Customer to the Supplier requires that the respective damage or defect in the Product existed already at the time when the Product was sold by the Supplier to the Customer.
2.2 The Customer must inspect each delivery of Products immediately upon receipt for any apparent defects or damage. Defects or damage that would be apparent from an inspection must be notified to the Supplier in writing and any related claim made within 7 days of receipt of the delivery.
2.3 All other defects or damage must be notified to the Supplier in writing in accordance with this paragraph 3 of this Limited Warranty and any related claim made as soon as practicable after discovery but prior to the expiry of the Warranty Period.
2.4 The Customer must complete and send to the Supplier, via e-mail, the warranty claim form made available by the Supplier to the Customer (the “Warranty Claim Form”) within 2 months from the date on which the defect or damage is discovered.
2.5 The Customer must provide to the Supplier, along with the Warranty Claim Form, the following information:
2.5.1 precise Product identification such as the exact name and serial number of the product;
2.5.2 the original sales receipt, which must show the Initial Purchase Date; and
2.5.3 a clear description of the problem or defect, along with clear photos of the problem or defect.
2.6 All claims must be made in writing through the supply-chain, meaning first retail customer to dealer to distributor to Customer to Supplier.
2.7 The mere presumption of damage or defects shall not constitute suficient ground for making a claim against the Supplier, but shall extend the obligation of the Customer to examine the delivered goods.
2.8 The Supplier has the right to designate the requirements for making a claim under this Limited Warranty from time to time.
3. Repair, replacement or credit
3.1 The Supplier reserves its right to investigate any claimed damage or defect in a Product by inspecting and testing the relevant Product. When the Customer has a valid warranty claim, the Supplier may choose either to repair or to replace the Product or to credit the Customer’s account.
3.2 The warranty is void if any unauthorized repair, change or modification of any part of the Product has been made by anyone other than the Supplier or its authorised agent.
3.3 If the Supplier considers a Product a “total loss“ because the costs of repair or replacement would be unreasonable or disproportionate, the Supplier shall credit the Customer’s account with, or refund to the Customer, the full purchase price paid for the Product. Once the Supplier has credited or refunded to the Customer the full purchase price ownership of the relevant Product shall revert to the Supplier. If the Product is in the possession of the Customer, the Supplier may either demand return of the defective Product at its cost or require destruction of the Product with proof (serial number).
4.1 This Limited Warranty does not apply to Second Choice Products, which are sold conditional on the Customer’s acceptance of all defects apparent at the time of sale.
4.2 Any claim attributable to any damage or defect in a Product already sold by the Customer to its customer shall be, at the Supplier’s sole discretion, excluded from the Limited Warranty if the Product has not been returned to the Customer by its customer.
4.3 This Limited Warranty shall not apply to any damage or defect to a Product caused by, or comprising, any of the following:
4.3.1 collisions, impacts with any materials or objects, abuse, misuse, negligence or accidental damage, including use on jump ramps or sliders;
4.3.2 repairs, alterations and/or modifications to the Product not carried out by the Supplier or one of its authorised agents;
4.3.3 transportation, including without limitation, loading, unloading, dropping and out-of-water handling;
4.3.4 heel dents;
4.3.5 at landings;
- Limited Warranty: free from material and workmanship defects under normal use
- Duration: 1 Year
LIFT FOILS LIMITED WARRANTY
This Lift Foils Limited Warranty applies to the Lift Foils product purchased from Lift Foils or its authorized retailers or resellers for personal use and not for resale. The purchaser or user of the Lift Foils product at issue (the “Product”) shall be referred to as “you” in this Limited Warranty.
By using the Lift Foils Product, you agree to be bound by this Limited Warranty.
What Does My Warranty Cover?
Under this Limited Warranty, Lift Foils warrants for the coverage period that the Product will be free from material and workmanship defects under normal use in accordance with Lift Foils’ published product materials. Lift Foils’ published product materials include, but are not limited to, user manuals, safety guidelines, specifications, in-app notifications, and service communications from Lift Foils or its authorized representatives.
How Long Does My Warranty Coverage Period Last?
The coverage period begins the date of retail purchase of the Lift Foils Product and ends:
- a) One year for components comprising the board, as are further be described in the Product’s manual(s);
- b) Two years for all components comprising the foil and wing, as may further be described in the Product’s manual(s); and
- c) The earlier of ONE year or 300 battery cycles for the Product’s battery.
- Limited Warranty: See website
- Duration: 1 Year
Liquid Forces warranty extends for a period of ONE YEAR from date of purchase on all products except custom hand finished wakesurfboards, wakeskates and apparel. Wakeskates are warrantied for 90 days and custom hand finished wakesurfboards and apparel is not applicable to any warranties. Proof of purchase is required from an authorized Liquid Force dealer. RECEIPT MUST CLEARLY IDENTIFY DEALER. Liquid Force will, at manufacturer’s option, repair or replace any wakeboard, kiteboard, or boot binding which exhibits defects in material or workmanship.
- Limited Warranty: Unknown
- Duration: Unknown
- Limited Warranty: covers all manufacturing defects
- Duration: 1 year
Naish offers warranty to the original purchaser on products purchased through authorized Naish dealers.
- 1-year warranty on all complete products
- 90-day warranty on kite accessories, SUP accessories + spare parts
The warranty period begins at point of purchase (receipt required), and covers all manufacturing defects. Manufacturing defects are determined at Naish's discretion. If a problem is deemed a valid warranty claim, Naish will decide whether to repair or replace the product.
If you have further questions on how to file a claim, or about your gear issue, just give us a call at (509) 493-0043 and our customer service team is more than happy to help.
Pyzel Foil Board Warranty
- Limited Warranty: None
- Duration: None
- Limited Warranty: free from any defect in the materials
- Duration: 1 year
The Supplier warrants to the Customer, subject to the terms and conditions set out in this Limited Warranty, that the Products are free from any defect in the materials selected and manufacturing processes employed in the production of the Products.
This Limited Warranty shall be made by the Supplier in respect defects arising in each Product sold to the Customer during the period of one (1) year from the earlier of the:
- Limited Warranty: covers all manufacturing defects
- Duration: 1 year
GENERAL WARRANTY POLICY
Ride Engine offers a one-year warranty to the original purchaser on products purchased through authorized Ride Engine dealers. The warranty period begins at point of purchase (receipt required), and covers all manufacturing defects. Manufacturing defects are determined at Ride Engine’s discretion. If a problem is deemed a valid warranty claim, Slingshot will decide whether to repair or replace the product.
If you have further questions on how to file a claim, or about your gear issue, just give us a call at 1-877-775-4832 and our customer service team is more than happy to help.
Please read our complete warranty policy for full details.
- To review a warranty claim, its important that we receive all the necessary information from you.
- Your name and contact information.
- Product model, year and size.
- Description of the issue.
- Detailed images of the issue with damaged area clearly identified
- Receipt/proof of purchase clearly showing the date of purchase and dealer name.
- Limited Warranty: covers defects in material or workmanship
- Duration: 1 year
Slingshot warrants that its products will be free of defects in material or workmanship to the original purchaser for a period of one year from date of purchase. If a product is found to be defective by Slingshot, in its sole discretion, Slingshot's responsibility shall be limited to credit, repair or replacement of the defective product.
IN NO EVENT SHALL SLINGSHOT BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, WHETHER ARISING UNDER CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY. Such damages include but are not limited to loss of profits, loss of use of the goods, damage to property, and claims of third parties.
This warranty is subject to the following limitations.
- Slingshot will warrant all products, with some exceptions, sold by Slingshot determined to have defects in material or workmanship, for the time period of one year from the date of purchase.
- The warranty applies only to Slingshot products purchased from Authorized Slingshot Dealers, and is valid for the original purchaser only.
- Used and demo products are sold "as is" and do not carry a warranty.
- The warranty does not apply to normal wear and tear and damage caused by anything other than defects in material or workmanship. Damage caused by use of the product outside its intended purpose is not covered by warranty.
- All warranty coverage is void if any modification, change or alteration has been made to the product, unless authorized in writing from Slingshot.
- Damage from natural causes, such as hurricanes, tornadoes, floods and storms (“Acts of God”) are not covered under warranty.
- All warranty claims must be accompanied by the original purchase receipt, and must clearly identify the dealer, date of purchase and the item.
- Repaired or replaced products are covered for the remainder of the original warranty period only.
- All products submitted to Slingshot for warranty inspection must have a Slingshot Case Number (return authorization number), which is provided by the warranty department.
- All products being replaced under warranty must either be returned to Slingshot Sports or destroyed. If product is to be destroyed, Slingshot’s Warranty Department will instruct customer to destroy product and send photo documentation before shipping replacement. Examples of proof of destruction are: cutting board in half, cutting out tongue of wakeboard boots or cutting wing tips off kite.
- If the product needs to be returned to Slingshot, the customer is responsible for the cost of shipping products, freight prepaid, and insured. Slingshot assumes no responsibility for products during shipment from the customer to our Warranty Department. Shipping charges are nonrefundable.
- Slingshot will cover return shipping via ground service of repaired or replaced items within the US and Canada. If purchased outside of the US or Canada, please contact your distributor regarding your warranty claim.
WARRANTY PRODUCT GUIDELINES
- SURF, FOIL, WAKESURF & SUP BOARDS - Here are a few examples of what is NOT covered:
- Any problem resulting from misuse, abuse, impact or neglect, including storage and handling of the board.
- Cosmetic issues including discolored graphics, top sheet dents or chips or fading from sun exposure.
- Heel dents or buckling caused from jumping or falling on the board.
- Board damage resulting from use of incorrect mounting hardware.
- Board damage due to excess exposure to sunlight for extended period of times.
- Board damage due to improperly venting of the board.
- Storing your board in a board bag for extended periods of time, or storing when the board is wet.
- Damage caused by any board modifications.
- Loss of Fins due to improper installation.
- Damage to board from improper use of board rack.
- Limited Warranty: covers defects in material or workmanship
- Duration: 1 year
- This warranty is only valid to the original purchaser or the board from the original dealer.
- Composite (Hard) Board:
- 1 year warranty from the end consumer purchase date.
- No limit on years from production date.
This warranty does not cover the following claim conditions:
- Damage or defects caused by impact with any materials or objects (incl. ramps and sliders).
- Damage or defects caused by collisions, abuse, misuse or accidental damage.
- Breakage or defects as a result of prior damages.
- Damage or defects caused by transport, loading, unloading, dropping, or out of water handling.
- Damage or defects caused by heel dents.
- Damage or defects caused by non-recreational use.
- Damage or defects caused by inappropriate storage or handling.
- Damage or defects caused by exposure to temperatures over 70°C and under 0°C.
- Damage or defects caused by natural events such as floods, earthquake, fire, etc.
- Damage or defects caused by alterations or modifications including the use of a larger fin than specified.
- Damage or defects caused by repairs.
- Damage or defects caused by the usage of the board after a claim is reported.
- Damage or defects caused by flat landings.
- Damage or defects caused by improper mounting or adjustment of bindings or footstraps.
- Any damage except manufacturing defects in material or workmanship.
- Damage or defects caused by storage of the board in closed, damp conditions (for example a wet board bag).
- Damage or defects caused by impact with the seafloor.
- Limited Warranty: Only guarantees its Products against manufacturing defects
- Duration: Unknown
The Products functionalities are standard and it is incumbent on the Client to check that these effectively meet its requirements both in terms of functionality and performance. TAKUMA guarantees that the Products complies with the functional specifications published by TAKUMA. The Client will benefit from the legal guarantees of conformity and from the legal warranty against latent defects of the Product. The TAKUMA guarantee is strictly limited to the replacement and/or repair of the Product, or, as a minimum, reimbursement of the amount paid by the Client for the defective Products. These must be returned to TAKUMA in their complete and original packaging within a reasonable time frame, at the Client's exclusive expense and accompanied by a full report detailing the problems encountered, unless agreed otherwise. Product samples and loans and Products that become defective due to the Client are not covered by this guarantee, nor is anything that results from negligence and/or abnormal use by the Client. Any defect caused by insufficient quality of electrical grid will not be covered by the guarantee (e.g. overvoltage, parasitic elements, ...). Throughout the duration of the guarantee, TAKUMA reserves the right, if required, to send a reconditioned product as a replacement for a defective piece of equipment. TAKUMA only guarantees its Products against manufacturing defects. Any defect relating to improper use or storage, impact, or software that does not correctly utilise the functions of TAKUMA equipment is not covered by the guarantee. In order to operate the product correctly and avoid damage, serious injury or death, it is essential to read and follow all the instructions and warnings in the User’s Guide prior to assembly, set up or use.