Which Wake Surfboards Have the Best Warranties?
Wakesurf Board Warranty Review
Whether you’re wake surfing behind a boat, at a cable park or skimming out to a wave odds are you’ll damage your board at some point. When that time comes, we want you to be informed of which boards offer the best and most flexible warranties. However, the reality is, if you ding or break your board, the manufacturer warranty on a wake surfboard won’t cover accidental damage. Check out our Essential and Premium plans to protect your board from accidental damage to your board - keeping it in new condition throughout it’s lifetime.
Ashley Kidd wake surfing on her Connelly board at Lake Austin
Below we review the basics of wakesurf warranties; what’s included and what’s not. Click on the manufacturer you’d like to learn more about:
- Jet Pilot
- Lib Tech
- Liquid Force
- Phase 5
Austin Keen Wake surfing on his Liquid Force wakesurf board in Carlsbad Lagoon, California
Blair Conklin doing more than “wake” surfing while skimboarding at Aliso Beach.
Airhead Wakesurf Board Warranty -
1 year LIMITED WARRANTY from date of purchase, except snow tubes: 90 days from date of purchase.
*All warranties require proof of purchase date on receipt
* Airhead Sports Group warranties products only within the US & Canada. For warranty issues outside of the US & Canada, please contact your seller.
Connelly Wakesurf Board Warranty
1-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY: Connelly skis, wakeboards, and bindings are warranted to be free of defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one year when purchased from an authorized Connelly dealer, see exceptions noted below.
*Excluded in the limited warranty is damage due to misuse, improper care, torn finger holes on bindings, freight damage, handle impact damage, bottom abrasions, and ski school/rental business.
LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY: If a Connelly ski or wakeboard, or binding, fails due to defective materials or workmanship after the original warranty period, it will, at manufacturer’s option, be replaced at one half the current retail price, or repaired at cost. This limited lifetime warranty is in effect for as long as the original owner keeps the ski. It is not transferable. Damage due to misuses or improper care is excluded.
- *EXCEPTIONS TO 1 YEAR WARRANTY: The GT-R ski has a lifetime warranty. Epoxy construction wake surfers have lightweight construction, just like a surfboard and do not come with a warranty.
Doomswell Wakesurf Board Warranty
- Doomswell provides a manufacturer’s warranty against major defects in workmanship or materials, to the original purchaser, covering ninety (90) days from original purchase date.
WHAT THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER:
- Products used in rental or teaching operations. This warranty applies to products used for personal recreational use only.
- Damage due to excessive heat/sun exposure.
- Damage caused by improper care, handling, and storage. While compression molded boards may be placed in board racks, we advise against putting EPS construction boards in the racks. When not in use, we recommend that EPS boards always be stored in a board bag (without fins). This helps protect the boards from accidental damage from dings and heat.
- Pressure dings, cracks or edge chipping from normal wear.
- Breakage from high impact maneuvers or hard falls. Because boards are subject to extreme conditions, there is no warranty for normal wear and tear. While not fragile, all EPS construction boards may dent or crack with excessive force resulting from impact with body parts during falls, starting/landing on the platform, running the board into the back of the boat, etc.
- Damage caused by anything other than defects in the material and workmanship.
- Any unauthorized repair, change, or modification made to any part of the product voids the warranty.
Doomswell Wakesurf Co. will make the final warranty determination.
For Customer Service to approve and process warranty claims, proof of purchase from an authorized Doomswell Dealer, along with pictures of the warranty concern, are required. To expedite the process, please have these items collected and ready for submission at time of claim.
Driftsun Wakesurf Board Warranty
One Year Warranty - Buy with confidence, our one year no-questions-asked warranty has you covered.
Warranty Policy & Other Stuff
At Exile Skimboards we have a strong commitment to the quality of our products. We do everything possible to make sure that every board comes out right the first time, every time. However, every once in a great while, we slip up. In order to protect our valued customers from our own mistakes, we offer the following warranty with the purchase of our products.
We warrant that all products purchased from an Exile Skimboards Authorized Dealer to be free of defect in workmanship and materials for a period of 60 days from the date of purchase. This warranty does not cover damage due to impact, neglect, or the application of chemical agents. Only structural defect in materials and workmanship are covered under this warranty.
If you think there may be something wrong with the way your board was built, the first thing to do is contact the store you bought it from. If for some reason you are unable to contact them, then contact us directly at Exile Skimboards. Sending us an email with digital photos of the board in question is usually the quickest way to get the situation resolved. Should your board need to be sent in for further inspection it will need to be accompanies by a copy of the original receipt clearly identifying when and where the board was purchased. If your board is found to be defective we will repair or replace the boards and ship it to you at no charge
You are responsible for any charges incurred in getting the board to us for inspection, and also assume liability for any damages incurred during transport. If shipping via a common carrier, we recommend extensive padding around the board as well as purchasing insurance for the package.
Hyperlite Wakesurf Board Warranty
- ONE YEAR FROM DATE OF ORIGINAL PURCHASE - COMPRESSION HARDGOODS:
HO Sports will inspect any and all products sent in for warranty for the period of up to one year from original date of purchase of that product. The warranty period extends to any repaired or replaced items for the duration of the one year from date of purchase of the original item. Products older than one model year must be accompanied with a customer receipt to verify purchase within one year. Product Defined: Any Water Ski, Wakeboard, Wake Skate, Wake Surf (excluding Varial and Super Branded) or Kneeboard constructed using the compression molding manufacturing process.
Jet Pilot Wakesurf Board Warranty
Lib Tech Wakesurf Board Warranty
- All products made by Lib Tech have a one year warranty against manufacturer’s defects from the date of purchase from a Lib Tech Authorized Dealer. Further, this warranty only covers defects in materials and workmanship. The warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, excessive abuse or misuse by riding things other than snow, impacts due to your steering problems, cosmetic issues or modifications you made. You must keep your sales receipt when you purchase a Lib Tech product. This is your proof of purchase and you will need to show this if you need to warranty your product. The warranty is only applicable to the original purchaser and is void if your product was purchased from another person or an unauthorized dealer (including, without limitation, Craig’s List, eBay, etc.) There is a list of Authorized Dealers on Lib Tech’s website. View our eBay statement.
If you think you may have defective product, you can take it back to the place of purchase or any Authorized Lib Tech Dealer. The Authorized Lib Tech Dealer will take a look at the product and help you determine the best course of action. The Authorized Lib Tech Dealer will call Lib Tech’s warranty department and get a RETURN AUTHORIZATION (RA) NUMBER so that the product can be sent to Lib Tech and inspected. Alternatively, if you purchased the product from an authorized online dealer, you can contact the Lib Tech warranty department and arrange to send the product back to Lib Tech yourself. An administration/postage and handling fee may be charged if the product is returned to an Authorized Lib Tech Dealer that is outside of the country where the product was initially purchased. For product purchased online, the “country of purchase” is the location from which the online dealer shipped the product. Warranty claims made in the country where the product was purchased may still incur an administration/postage and handling fee unless prohibited by local laws. ALL WARRANTY CLAIMS MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A SALES RECEIPT AND AN RA NUMBER.
If you think you may have defective product take it back to the shop where you purchased it or an authorized Lib Tech dealer. They can take a look at it and help you determine the best course of action. They will call the warranty department at Lib Tech and get a RETURN AUTHORIZATION (RA) NUMBER so that the board can be sent to Lib Tech and inspected. If you purchased your board from an authorized internet dealer you can contact the warranty department and arrange to send the board back to Mervin Mfg. ANY WARRANTIES SENT TO MERVIN MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A SALES RECEIPT AND AN RETURN AUTHORIZATION NUMBER.
Liquid Force Wakesurf Board Warranty
- Liquid Force warranties and obligations set forth below are in lieu of any other express warranties or obligations of Liquid Force Wakeboards, its distributors, or retailers. All Liquid Force products are warrantied to the original purchaser to be free from defects in material workmanship except as otherwise provided herein.
Liquid Forces warranty extends for a period of ONE YEAR from date of purchase on all products except custom hand finished wakesurfboards, wakeskates and apparel. Wakeskates are warrantied for 90 days and custom hand finished wakesurfboards and apparel is not applicable to any warranties. Proof of purchase is required from an authorized Liquid Force dealer. RECEIPT MUST CLEARLY IDENTIFY DEALER. Liquid Force will, at manufacturer’s option, repair or replace any wakeboard, kiteboard, or boot binding which exhibits defects in material or workmanship. REPAIRED OR REPLACED ITEMS ARE COVERED FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE ORIGINAL WARRANTY ONLY.
Mission Wakesurf Board Warranty
Warranty - MISSION products include a one (1) year manufacturer warranty against defects in manufacturing or materials on all new MISSION products starting from the original purchase date. The warranty is only applied to MISSION products that have been purchased from an authorized MISSION dealer. The limited lifetime warranty and or single-loss product coverage plans do not include refurbished products. If a product is found defective by MISSION, in its sole discretion, MISSION will be responsible to provide a replacement of the defective component. MISSION is not responsible for any costs, losses or damages incurred as a result of use or loss of the product. This warranty is only valid for the original purchaser and is nontransferable.
Exclusions - Loss, damage or breakage due to:
• Use at excessive speeds beyond what is recommended in the product documentation.
• Normal use or as a result of an accident or impact with an obstruction such as, but not limited to, a dock, boat lift or another boat.
• Extended exposure to sun/heat/high temperatures.
• Intentional breakage
• Normal wear
O’Brien Wakesurf Board Warranty
What Does This Warranty Cover? O’Brien warrants that this product is free from defects in materials or workmanship when it is purchased from an authorized O’Brien retailer and used for on-water recreational purposes.
Who is Covered by This Warranty? The original retail purchaser is covered by this warranty. This warranty is non-transferrable.
How Long Does This Warranty Last? One year for towable product, 90 days for non-towable product from the date of retail purchase, as evidenced by your sales receipt
What You Must Do:
O’Brien claims can be handled in two ways: (1) Customers can return the product to the retail store where the original purchase was made. The retail store must contact Motion Water Sports Inc., customer service 1-800-6OBRIEN, to obtain return authorization number (RA). (2) Customers can contact Motion Water Sports directly to obtain a return authorization number and send the product on their own. Return Authorization is for inspection purposes only. Disposition will be determined by O’Brien warranty personnel. No warranty claims will be accepted without a valid authorization number and proof of purchase from an authorized Obrien dealer. Warrant claims are claims for warranty coverage only and do not constitute an agreement by O’Brien to accept the warranty claim.
What Will O’Brien do: If the product contains a defect in materials or workmanship, O’Brien will repair or replace any defective part, or, at its option, replace the entire product at no charge. You must pay shipping charges. If O’Brien determines that the product does not meet the warranty requirements, O’Brien will notify you of the cost to repair, if applicable, or if the product cannot be repaired. You will be given the option to repair the product (if repairable) at the quoted cost, and O’Brien will repair and return to you. You must also pay the return shipping charges. If you decide not to have the product repaired, or if the product cannot be repaired, you can request the product to be returned. You must pay the return shipping charges.
What Does This Warranty Not Cover? Damage, failure or malfunction of the product caused by: (1) normal wear and tear, including, but not limited to scratches, nicks and fading from normal use; (2) commercial use (including rental, summer camps, demonstration or instructional purposes); (3) abuse or misuse, including, but not limited to use of the product contrary to written instructions, collisions with objects, use of rails or sliders, dragging the product across ground, docks or other abrasive surfaces; (4) improper storage or use of board racks, leading to scratches, nicks, fractures or other deformation, or discoloration from sunlight; (5) modification or alteration of the product; (6) use of the product with accessories or parts not sold by O’Brien for use with wakeboards, including bolt-on systems to attach fins and bindings, cutting and reshaping boards, overlays and/or binding parts; (7) tow rope handle striking product; (8) incidental and consequential damages. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental and consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
Phase 5 Wakesurf Board Warranty
- Phase Five Boards are built to the highest standards using the highest quality materials and construction techniques. Because these boards are subject to extreme conditions such as high impact maneuvers there is no warranty for normal wear and tear or abuse.
All boards are inspected rigorously before leaving the factory to insure we catch any possible defects in workmanship or materials. In the rare case we miss a problem; Phase Five will replace any board which is defective due to materials or workmanship for a period of 60 days from purchase. No other warranty is expressed or implied. All claims must be accompanied by proof of purchase.
This Warranty Does Not Cover:
- Breakage, dings, cracks or edge chipping from normal wear and/or abuse.
- Breakage from improper installation of accessories.
- Breakage from high impact maneuvers.
- Breakage from oversized rider.
- Dents or dings from rocks, board racks, or other hard objects.
- Bottom wear from normal sand & shell friction/wear.
- Warpage from exposure to excessive heat like being left in the car trunk.
- Delamination due to manufacturing defect
- Stress cracking/fracture on the edge, base, core, or top laminate due to manufacturing defect
- Nonfunctional inserts i.e. stripping or misaligned. This does not include improper use of hardware or boot mounting.
- NOTE: Warranties can only be handled in the country from which the board is purchased.
- Damage due to misuse, abuse, or modification is excluded
- Normal wear, including but not limited to, cosmetic dings, chips, and dents
- Bright colors will fade when subject to prolonged sunlight exposure. THIS IS NOT COVERED UNDER WARRANTY. To protect your wakeboard from ultraviolent rays of sunlight, store your Ronix wakeboard in a board bag when not in use
- Any impact related damage
Ronix product warranties and obligations set forth above are in lieu of any other express warranties or obligations of Ronix, its distributors, or retailers. The warranties and limitations extend only to the original purchaser or the person for whom the product was originally purchased for.
We take pride in the products we build and in the riders that choose them. Please fill out the below form to register your new board to join the Ronix family.
Shipping Return Policy - In the event that the product you purchased online is defective and requires any form of warranty, you need to contact our Customer Service by phoning 858-578-0414 or email at Service@RustySurfboards.com Our Customer Service team will then inform you how to return the product and give you a Return Authorization number. This warranty does not cover damage or malfunctions caused by normal wear and tear, accident, abuse, neglect, improper storage or handling, misuse, vandalism, acts of God, or other causes external to the product.
Please note that a change in mind does not constitute an acceptable reason for return in our mind.
Colors on surfboards shipped to customers may vary from colors ordered by customers due to countless factors such as differences in color modes on image files, browsers, palettes, printer’s ink, etc. Such variances in colors do not constitute acceptable grounds for return.
You have 21 days from the receipt of the online shipment to return any defective item for credit or exchange, provided the merchandise is unused, in original condition, and is returned in the original shipping container .
Slingshot Wakesurf Board Warranty
Slingshot warrants that its products will be free of defects in material or workmanship to the original purchaser for a period of one year from date of purchase. If a product is found to be defective by Slingshot, in its sole discretion, Slingshot's responsibility shall be limited to credit, repair or replacement of the defective product.
This warranty is subject to the following limitations.
- Slingshot will warrant all products, with some exceptions, sold by Slingshot determined to have defects in material or workmanship, for the time period of one year from the date of purchase.
- The warranty applies only to Slingshot products purchased from Authorized Slingshot Dealers, and is valid for the original purchaser only.
- Used and demo products are sold "as is" and do not carry a warranty.
- The warranty does not apply to normal wear and tear and damage caused by anything other than defects in material or workmanship. Damage caused by use of the product outside its intended purpose is not covered by warranty.
- All warranty coverage is void if any modification, change or alteration has been made to the product, unless authorized in writing from Slingshot.
- Damage from natural causes, such as hurricanes, tornadoes, floods and storms (“Acts of God”) are not covered under warranty.
- All warranty claims must be accompanied by the original purchase receipt, and must clearly identify the dealer, date of purchase and the item.
- Repaired or replaced products are covered for the remainder of the original warranty period only.
- All products submitted to Slingshot for warranty inspection must have a Slingshot Case Number (return authorization number), which is provided by the warranty department.
- All products being replaced under warranty must either be returned to Slingshot Sports or destroyed. If product is to be destroyed, Slingshot’s Warranty Department will instruct customer to destroy product and send photo documentation before shipping replacement. Examples of proof of destruction are: cutting board in half, cutting out tongue of wakeboard boots or cutting wing tips off kite.
- If the product needs to be returned to Slingshot, the customer is responsible for the cost of shipping products, freight prepaid, and insured. Slingshot assumes no responsibility for products during shipment from the customer to our Warranty Department. Shipping charges are nonrefundable.
- Slingshot will cover return shipping via ground service of repaired or replaced items within the US and Canada. If purchased outside of the US or Canada, please contact your distributor regarding your warranty claim.
Victoria Wakesurf Board Warranty
- Victoria Skimboards warrants all products sold by Victoria to be free of defects in MATERIAL or WORKMANSHIP for a period of three months after the date of purchase. If a product is found defective by Victoria, in its sole discretion, Victoria’s only responsibility shall be limited to repair or replacement of the defective product. Victoria will not be responsible for any costs, losses or damages incurred as a result of loss or use of product. This warranty is subject to the following limitations:
- The warranty applies only to Victoria Skimboards products purchased from Authorized Victoria Skimboards Dealers and is valid for the original purchaser only.
- All products returned to Victoria Skimboards for warranty inspection must receive prior return authorization (please refer to the RA form found on our website http://www.vicskim.com/legal/RAform.pdf ). Victoria Skimboards assumes no responsibility for products during shipment from the customer to our Warranty Department and shipping charges are not refundable.
- Excluded from coverage under this warranty are the following:
- Damage caused by misuse, abuse or neglect.
- Normal wear and tear.
- Damage caused by anything other than defects in material or workmanship.
- Damage caused by use of solvents or adhesives.
- All coverage under this warranty is void if any modification, change or alteration has been made to the product that is not specifically authorized in writing by Victoria Skimboards.
- Repaired or replaced products are covered for the remainder of the original warranty only.
- All warranty claims must be accompanied by the original purchase receipt from an Authorized Victoria Skimboards Dealer. Invoice or charge receipt must clearly identify the dealer.
- Victoria Skimboards product is not covered by any verbal warranties. ROCK DAMAGE AND ANY OTHER IMPACT RELATED DAMAGE IS NOT COVERED UNDER THIS WARRANTY.